This years jury is a broad group with expertise with in many different areas of surfing, film, creative story telling and the world of sound.
We are happy to introduce this years jury, who will be selecting the winning films of this years Cold Hawaii Surf & Film Festival.
Aske Bang is a Danish actor and director. He studied at the National Film School of Denmark in Copenhagen and went on to direct the Academy Award-nominated short film ‘Silent Nights’.
Bang has also worked as an actor in numerous films and tv-series. He is the co-director and writer of the tv-series Cold Hawaii, taking place right here in our own little surf community.
Rasmus is a philosopher. He has an interest in systems that are designed to support and profit from collective preferences, intelligence, and talent. Rasmus is an entrepreneur, and has several years of experience in developing and managing innovation projects. He has worked with politicians and elected officials, public administration employees, for-profit companies, and NGOs.
– “I have the most amazing wife and two adorable kids. I’m a windsurfer, a surfer, and SUPer – to name a few things. “
Anne Sofie Borregaard Andersen
Anne Sofie is 27 years old and studying visual communication when she is not surfing. She is three times danish champion on wms shortboard and is part of the national surf team.
– “Singel – if anyone should ask :)”
Michael Max Nielsen
With a background in the agency industry, over the past 20 years, Michael has extensive experience in storytelling, creativity and visual expression. Film is a tool that Michael has dealt with both as a producer and director.
– “I’m looking for the present story that is built up and draws me in so I do not notice cinematic elements. It can be with a lot of staging and big cinematic elements or completely hand-held and without the large set. Both ways have their own aesthetics and must always be taken seriously ”.
Peter Alsted is an award winning documentary filmmaker and published author from Denmark. He’s the co-founder of the film community Empty Chairs – a group of friends making creative documentaries with strong images and compelling stories. He has lived in Klitmøller since 2014 and is currently on a village break in the big city.
Julie Müller has a background as an environmentalist/geographer. She is the founder of STRANDET – a start-up with the mission to put focus on the issue of ocean plastic pollution. Through her passion for nature, the sea and surf she has visited many parts of the world.
– “Today I live in Thy – where the sea, the waves and the magnificent nature is my workplace, playground and inspiration. “
Árni Bergmann Jóhannson
Árni Bergmann Jóhannson is a Musician, Songwriter, Music Producer and a Sound Designer. He is a Big fan of the short movie format and it’s a great honour, for him, to be a part of the Cold Hawaii Film festival jury.
– “I wish you all film makers the best in the future. “